Endless Memory Errors - "Application Error ... memory could not be read"
Joe User
2006-05-17 20:29:48 UTC
I have a winXP SP2 PC that keeps getting these memory errors.
By all accounts, the PC is clean, no virus' detectect, not even a single
spy/adware detected. Ran sfc /scannow. Even ran a memory test
program to eliminate hardware failure.
Yet these application popups continue to persist.
What can I check that I haven't already?

Below I have pasted the application popups from the system event log.
I have also matched those up with some events from the application log.

Thanks,
Matt

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 10:12:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Application popup: jrestub.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x0166f020" referenced memory at "0x00000ba0". The memory could not be
"read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11707
Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 10:12:45 AM
User: XLSTAFFING\brian
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Product: J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 3 -- Installation operation
completed successfully.

Data:
0000: 7b 33 32 34 38 46 30 41 {3248F0A
0008: 38 2d 36 38 31 33 2d 31 8-6813-1
0010: 31 44 36 2d 41 37 37 42 1D6-A77B
0018: 2d 30 30 42 30 44 30 31 -00B0D01
0020: 35 30 30 33 30 7d 50030}

Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 9:54:52 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Application popup: IDriver.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x77511029" referenced memory at "0x0000005c". The memory could not be
"read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Event Type: Information
Event Source: IDriverT
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 9:55:24 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( IDriverT ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service
stopped.

Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 9:44:34 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Application popup: iexplore.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x01faf020" referenced memory at "0x00000ba0". The memory could not be

Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 9:23:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Application popup: wmiprvse.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x00b1f020" referenced memory at "0x00000ba0". The memory could not be

Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 9:22:18 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Application popup: userinit.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x0096f020" referenced memory at "0x00000ba0". The memory could not be
"read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Event Type: Information
Event Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1704
Date: 5/16/2006
Time: 9:22:17 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRIANLAPTOP
Security policy in the Group policy objects has been applied successfully.
jlabram
2006-06-04 14:46:57 UTC
I have exactly the same problem--did you ever get this resolved?
jlabram

--
jlabram
kc7bfi
2006-08-03 20:07:23 UTC
Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I started getting it
after I installed the drivers for my Sprint AirCard. Thanks, David

--
kc7bfi
Joe User